- 1kg Mandazi Flour/Self Raising Flour
- 6 tablespoon of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1-2 teaspoons of Tropical Heat Cinnamon powder
- Mix the flour, cinnamon and sugar in a suitable bowl
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg into the milk.
- Make a well at the centre of the flour and add the milk and egg mixture. Slowly mix to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes or unti it stops sticking to the sides of the bowl and you have a smooth surface.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 15 minutes
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 1cm thick piece.
- Using a sharp small knife, cut the dough into the desired size and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and gently dip the mandazi pieces to cook until light brown on the first side. Turn the mandazi to cook until light brown on the second side.
- Serve the mandazi warm.